RTR self powered vehicle for 16mm track

I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a loco or vehicle that runs on 16mm track and carries its own battery so
that it doesn't pick up from the track. Thank You, Mike

Meaning HO or OO track, not 16mm to the foot scale, to clear up a misunderstanding. Mike

http://www.antenna-models.com /
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:51:40 -0400, Christopher A.Lee

Amazing, thanks Christopher, I was wondering what there was across the sea and here you point me to something up the road (relatively). Mike
Mike wrote:

There was/is a range of cheap and nasty Chinese battery powered trains in toy shops. The most common has an 0-6-0 center-cab Diesel, 4 wheel stock wagon, tank wagon and crane wagon, oval of track, station building, goods shed and assorted signs, figures etc for about $10. Since then I've spotted an 0-8-0 tank loco (German outline, nice) US 4-4-0 (terrible) and a US Bo'Bo' along with Euro beer wagon, four wheel coach and 4 axle tank wagon. All are but the 4-4-0 are rip-offs of other manufacturers models. I bought the set and after fitting a coupling the Diesel will pull a track cleaning wagon around my layout. The 0-8-0 German tank loco also came home with me - the track went into the rubbish bin but the track joiners which fitted under the ballast looked to me sort of like preformed cast concrete slabs so got stacked and spray painted as wagon loads.
The locos wander along the track at a fairly slow pace but the single AAA battery will easily outlast a child's attention several times.
Greg.P.

Thanks for this Greg, I have friends who commute between Texas and the UK but are not railway minded, and so I think I will send them off with a piece of track to the toy shops to see what they come back with. Mike