"Running Extra" - editor Eric Heiser

Does anyone know of this newsletter, this editor, and how I might get in touch with him? I believe he is an ATSF modeler/enthusiast.

I have heard that they sponsor an on-line swap meet for train equipment. Besides this location, are there other "swap meet" websites for model railroading?

Thanks! Matt

Reply to
mc_brennan

Probably the biggest swapmeet is eBay with hundreds of thousands of items for sale there.

Bob May

Running Extra is a member newsletter that is included with the "Warbonnet" which is the publication of the SFRH&MS (Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society). Send me private email and will try and dig up Eric's email address. There is no on-line swap meet however Running Extra has a swap meet listing that is similar to want/sell ads. How one fairs in these depends on a couple of things, one is do you want to pay the listed prices and two is when your copy arrives in the mailbox.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Thanks Jon and Bob.

I have zero understanding and experience w/ eBay. Is it easy to learn? What does it cost to actually create an eBay auction? Perhaps, this is the route I should explore.

Thanks! Matt

P.S. Is there a good, easy to understand book about creating auctions on eBay that I should buy? ISBN?

Reply to
mc_brennan

Google up "Ebay for Dummies".

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Matt wrote: P.S. Is there a good, easy to understand book about creating auctions on eBay that I should buy? ISBN?

-------------------------------------------------- An inexpensive book, "eBay for Dummies":

eBay provides information to help you get started:

Good Luck!

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites: