Sources for traditional Lionel O gauge track

Does anyone out there know of a good online source for traditional Lionel style, 3-rail, O gauge track at bulk/discounted pricing?

I'm looking to build a fair sized (12' x 6' L-shaped) old fashioned, care-free, rugged, fun-to-run layout to relieve stress from my other hobby... a prototypical, detailed, 30 x 15 HO scale system!!!

With my O scale trains, I run new MTH locomotives (F-3's and 2-8-0), standard sized rolling stock, and my dads old Lionel #681 --- Lionel's version of the Pennsylvania Railroad one-of-a-kind 1947ca Class S-2 6-8-6 steam turbine

I like the looks of the newer track systems from MTH, K-Line, and Lionel but again, I'm not really interested in realism for this layout... I just want to have a lot of track at the lowest price and run big heavy trains with corny accessories and pretend I'm 10 years old again!!!

Any help appreciated, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin MacDowell

More track than you can imagine at:

or:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

mike.com

If you are willing to consider used track, contact any avid Lionel collector. Most collectors wind up with gobs of extra track that comes along with sets, collections and estates they buy. Ask at a local train store who is into old Lionel, or borrow a TCA member directory to see who is in the TCA in your area. A recent Classic Toy Trains discussed how to refurbish old track. I have used reconditioned old Lionel O track and O-22 switches on a portable 6' x 8' Lionel postwar layout that has been trouble free for several years and travel to several shows. Gary Q

Reply to
Geezer

I've been using used O gauge track - same stuff - switches & all - since

1963, and the bulk of my O-72 was made prior to WWII.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Kevin, you don't say where you are located but I'd recommend on of the better mail order stores, such as Nassau Hobby in New York

or JusTrains of Delaware

Corelane