A site with Lionel train O gauge listing of the cars with descriptions?

As a child in the early 60s I had a used Lionel train O gauge set. I sold it to a collector in the early 70s. I am curios to see what the going rate and availability to buy back my childhood would cost. Is there a site or sites that has a good source of what Lionel made and when. And perhaps a source for sale of the older 1950s early 60s cars with photos. I have no idea of the model numbers or even the exact description of the cars but I now I will remember them if I see them. So I am looking for just a listing of the cars with descriptions and hopefully a photo.

Reply to
DJW

Here are several inexpensive books with a listing of Lionel's production and current values:

"Greenberg's Lionel Trains Pocket Price Guide--2007 Edition" (this book is a very popular price guide):

"Warman's Lionel Train Field Guide: Values and Identification":

"Lionel Illustrated Price & Rarity Guide(s)" (T-M):

Numerous Lionel trains books:

Many fo the books are up to 32% off list and include free shipping and handling on orders over $25.

You might want to consider selling your trains on eBay. That's also a good source for finding photos and what you might be able to sell your items for.

Brief History of N Scale:
Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

In message , DJW writes

There is the Lionel Train Library, which will take you a few happy hours to browse through :-)

Graeme