A site with Lionel train O gauge listing of the cars with descriptions?

As a child in the early 60s I had a used Lionel train O gauge set. I sold it to a collector in the early 70s. I am curios to see what the
going rate and availability to buy back my childhood would cost. Is there a site or sites that has a good source of what Lionel made and when. And perhaps a source for sale of the older 1950s early 60s cars with photos. I have no idea of the model numbers or even the exact description of the cars but I now I will remember them if I see them. So I am looking for just a listing of the cars with descriptions and hopefully a photo.

Here are several inexpensive books with a listing of Lionel's production and current values:
"Greenberg's Lionel Trains Pocket Price Guide--2007 Edition" (this book is a very popular price guide):
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
"Warman's Lionel Train Field Guide: Values and Identification":
(Amazon.com product link shortened)&y
"Lionel Illustrated Price & Rarity Guide(s)" (T-M):
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Numerous Lionel trains books:
http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore-2.html
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Many fo the books are up to 32% off list and include free shipping and handling on orders over $25.
You might want to consider selling your trains on eBay. That's also a good source for finding photos and what you might be able to sell your items for.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,200 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links

There is the Lionel Train Library, which will take you a few happy hours to browse through :-)
http://www.postwarlionel.com/index.html
--
Graeme, Scotland