Re: Old boxcar toy or model train

Someone gave me a metal box car (made of tin). Is it a toy or a model

> train from the late 40's or early 50's? It has a strange coupler > (second picture), and is marked "Pennsylvania", blue with a white top > and moving doors. See attached JPG's

Jerry, You've been posting to this newsgroup since at least 2001 (according to a quick Google search), and by now, you should know that rec.models.railroad is a text-only group. Please do not post binaries (A.K.A. pictures) here. Post a link to a website, or post them to an appropriate newsgroup like alt.binaries.pictures.rail, then post a message here telling folks to go look at it over there.

Thank You.

Paul A. Cutler III Deputy Sheriff

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Jerry=A0Abrams wrote: Someone gave me a metal box car (made of tin). Is it a toy or a model train from the late 40's or early 50's? It has a strange coupler (second picture), and is marked "Pennsylvania", blue with a white top and moving doors. See attached JPG's

--------------------------------------------------- The couplers look like prewar Lionel box couplers.

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

And some of us actually care about this newsgroup and want it to stick around. Fact is, Jerry screwed up by posting binaries. He knew he shouldn't have done it, yet he did it anyways. When called on it, his excuse was that everyone else was violating the rules, so that means he can too. Well, that excuse just doesn't cut it, especially since he says he's been here since 1995. This isn't the World Wide Web, & this isn't an e-mail list, this is a newsgroup. Pictures here are not allowed, period. It's a simple rule, one that is spelled out in his own ISP's AUP. When new folks post binaries here that aren't spam, I politely tell them to please stop. I rarely get a response, but sometimes just a quick apology to the group. This is the first time in a long time that a group veteran has tried to defend the posting of binaries here, and so I've had to point out the error of his ways. If this makes me a hardass, then I apologize. But the reason this place is such a mess now is because nobody stepped up back then to tell these political morons and trolls to take their act somewhere else. I refuse to see this group turn into a binary dump, so when it happens, I try to stop it from repeating. If that ruffles some feathers, so be it.

As far as answering his question, I know squat about tinplate, so I couldn't answer even if I tried.

Paul A.Cutler III Deputy Sheriff

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Can we all just get along and try and help this guy find out what the heck it is he has? It is sniping and bickering like that exhibited here that makes me not want to read some of these posts. I know that would make some people just happy as a pig in mud but I am trying to learn something here about model railroading.

nitram578

Reply to
Boots