Re: Train: Unique Art mfg. Co. Inc.

I too, am interested in this model train company. I have another Unique Art item and was about to list it on eBay for $.99 plus
shipping, hoping to find it a new home where someone may know something about it and want it.
I am 56 and when I was a kid during the 50's my Dad and I set up our wonderful Lionel 027 trains every Christmas. From somewhere, there came a matched pair of large O gauge Rock Island Rocket diesels. Lithographed tin with pressed steel trucks. Big 'ol light bulb headlights. They were large and loud and would not track on the 027 track - derailed at the first curve. They were always left behind from the rest of the Christmas trains, left in their box.
Now, 50 some years later, I would love to find something about them and perhaps find them a good home. They are _big_ 4 X 14 inches with slot and pin couplers. They are in their original box, without any original insert packing. And they have some corrosion spots here and there.
They are pretty neat, and the box is lettered:
ROCK ISLAND DIESEL (DOUBLE ELECTRIC ENGINE) UNIQUE ART MFG. CO., INC. NEWARK 8, N.J., U.S.A.
Thanks!
Robert Arlington VA USA

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:28:52 GMT, Robert B wrote:

Unique Art Mfg Co was buying advertising time on WBKB Channel 4 in Chicago in 1949:
http://www.chicagotelevision.com/Minutemen.htm
--
Steve

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:59:25 -0800, Steve Caple

Thanks Steve,
And I see it was on a program that would become one of my favorites in a few years, Howdy Doody (:
Robert

Art
Please do not post binaries (a.k.a. pictures) to this newsgroup. Rec.models.railroad is a text-only group. If you wish to post a binary, please use alt.binaries.pictures.rail and refer to it here, or post it on a website and post the link here. By posting a binary, you are increasing the likelyhood that r.m.r will be dropped by cost-conscious ISP's, and you are costing foriegn readers (who sometimes pay by the minute for a connection) extra money that they don't need to spend. Thank you.
Paul A. Cutler III Deputy Sheriff ************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Thanks Paul. I will be mindful of this rule in the future.