The Illusionist

Noting some of the last scenes, with Paul Giamatti in one of those glassed over European (Vienna?) train stations - would there be catenary wires
overhead in the late 19th century?
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

Not in Vienna or any of the mainlines in Austria. The Austrian railways were suspicious of electricity for a long time, and there was no plan to electrify them until after WW1 (by which time almost all that what was left of the various state and private railroads had been amalgamated.) Electrification proceeded slowly, largely because the requisite generating works had not been built. AFAIK, only a few "Nebenbahnen" (branchlines) were electrified by 1900, as testbeds for the concept. The mainlines weren't fully electrified until sometime in the 1960s.
HTH
Steve we dont watch movies like this with foul words and bad ratings. Please take this off topic stuff to an adult board not a train board
snipped-for-privacy@aim.com spake thus:

Curt: *fuck you*. (Speaking for many in the congregation here.)
Oh, and have a nice day.
--
Don't talk to me, those of you who must need to be slammed in the
forehead with a maul before you'll GET IT that Wikipedia is a
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:26:00 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Curt can't reply; he's all worn out from deprogramming Ted Haggard; they used the old "catch the kid smoking, make him smoke a whole pack" aversive technique. Curt said it was his Christinane duty, but Rev. Billy Bob is suspicious of Curt's secret smile.
--
Steve

Steve why are you talking to yourself how much acid have you had tonight or whatever you pollute you body with. The temple of god deserves better from you

Steve the Muslim this is potty talk on a family train board. You are to be ashamed and a prayer call for tommorrow. You need much help

Curt not only downloads adult movies, he has stared in a few of his own.
Was that you I saw on dateline NBC bringing condoms in to meet a 13 year old?
Sick fuck.
Steve you are a filthy mouthed sinner. For shame on you. Why do you hate church so much and god??

Why do you speak oddly like Pocahontas?
Too much firewater before using computer? Or still typing with one hand? Be careful, you will get hair on your palm if you keep that up.
Now you hate Native American Indians as well as Christians Steve? Is there no end to your hatred "Brad" fake name for Steve Caple
On Feb 8, 1:24�am, "STEVE snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote:

Shutup strokedaddy
Simply brilliant Steve, you comments are so well thought and full of intelligence we see now how smart you are. Noon prayer is coming up later and you will be in it for sure again
On Feb 8, 10:02?am, "STEVE snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks Curt. After I thought about what you said this morning I felt bad- if you really did have a stroke and that is why your typing is bad then I guess I need to apologize. I should have responded appropriately, not with the comments I wrote. Please ignore the comments, and here are my feelings after considering your plight:
Taking your lead I will be on my knees tonight, praying to Jesus Christ that you suffer a more serious, massive stroke in the next few weeks- I will ask the lord to block the bloodflow in your brain in more serious manner, the clot this time will do major damage rather than just cause you to write like a mentally handicapped person.
I ask our lord to remove your ability to speak, walk, and control your bowel movements. I pray that your mother will push you in front of the monitor each morning, click open the usenet group that gave you so much joy- this group.. and your are forced to read our comments.. each one. While drooling and sitting in your own waste. I beg to the lord to keep you alive for years, not days or months in this condition. And that the condition depletes all of your mother's funds, forcing her back into employment at Dennys.
I know you believe in the power of prayer Curt- I will pray tonight along with the rest of this group that you will wake your mom up in the morning with slurred speech, inability to move your limbs, and the worst headache of your life. I also pray that your mom delays calling EMS in hopes that the damage will be permanent.
God bless- you are in our prayers- brad
     snipped-for-privacy@aim.com writes:

Now you think Wolf is Steve? Oh yeah, I forgot, we are all Steve's here except for Mark "Curt" Mason.
Curt, finish off the six pack and go crawl into bed with your mum.
Paul^H^H^H^H Steve the Other
--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and unusual.
On Feb 7, 1:48�am, snipped-for-privacy@steve.org (Steve Stevenson) wrote:

     snipped-for-privacy@aim.com writes:

Mark, who is Curt?

Saved form sin ... now there is a gruesome thought!!
Paul^H^H^H^H Steve the Other
--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and unusual.
Steve Stevenson spake thus:

No, goddamnit, *I'm* Steve!
--
Don't talk to me, those of you who must need to be slammed in the
forehead with a maul before you'll GET IT that Wikipedia is a

Except for Mark we are all Steve in this group.
I'm getting nostalgic for the Fireside Theater, I wonder where those licorice pizzas are? Screw that, where the hell is the turntable??? Nice seqway back to RailRoadin' ... HUH!!
Paul^H^H^H^H Steve the Other
--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and unusual.
On Feb 8, 12:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@pimin.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) wrote:

Wouldn't that be FireSIGN Theater? : )
Jeff