Spain

Due to upcoming business travel, I am wondering if there are worthwhile prototype (preferably narrow gauge and/or steam) sights to see or hobby shops to visit around Madrid, Spain, or Andalucia. Any suggestions on railroad-related (or sightseeing) topics greatly appreciated!

Rick

Reply to
Rick Stern

May wish to try misc.transport.rail.europe for a comprehensive answer....

Reply to
+GF+

Rick,

There are some narrow gauge trains in Spain, quite a large network, but most is in the northern part of Spain, roughly from the French border along the north coast to the west coast, some express trains too( there's one that takes eight days from east to west..! ) I recall travelling along these lines in the seventies, looked ( and feeled ) like 'backwoods railroading'. Extremely attractive and fun to experience. Probably modernized by now. here are some links for you to explore:

key words you might use in Google : "Ferrocarriles Vascongados" and "FEVE"

Have fun..

Ron

Reply to
ronw