451 snipped-for-privacy@eastlink.ca <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=p_lm9RIAAAD7wkcDjv6hMcytI-J4JbbXa-o86qnWqi4QtyUzzs6lJg&group=hfx.general
417 snipped-for-privacy@home.ca <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=Y25EmwoAAABrEfXHn79Fg7SDE_ioCnrX&group=hfx.general
366 snipped-for-privacy@post.com <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=eRX2JBAAAACnXC9cBz-n-sKRf1pmgbWx&group=hfx.general
308 ice_age snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=p7LvvhcAAADDFELja74vw8aZ9UXJhlNfatZc1V3Nc280dLHqonrV6A&group=hfx.general
253 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.com <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user ÔmU5RcAAAAvLDLemingU02xzHVc7SC93cfxuXRm7b5aVNQLmZy6lg&group=hfx.general>
213 snipped-for-privacy@chebucto.ns.ca <http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=mHp78hQAAACL3zatimNHRYowHu28-juW13shZWh9UYwoRgcoDM87lg&group=hfx.general
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:20:22 -0400, Brian Smith

INT WTF
--
The seabat
Filtering GoogleGroups & Goobers with extreme prejudice!
On 2/1/2010 10:39 AM, The Seabat wrote:

    I posted to the wrong group and cancelled the post from my end. Apparently it wasn't cancelled before you saw it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:48:12 -0400, Brian Smith

Most providers don't honour cancel requests these days, because people were writing cancelbots to remove other people's messages they didn't like especially in controversial groups.
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/1/2010 4:59 PM, Christopher A. Lee wrote:

    I didn't know that, thanks for the information. If I do mix up posts again, I will just post an apology right at that time.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 17:11:31 -0400, Brian Smith

Thanks - we all mix up posts.
The cancelbots started off with the best of intentions, to cut down on spam, but it didn't take long for too many people to use them.
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/1/2010 5:21 PM, Christopher A. Lee wrote:

    Apparently so.
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/1/2010 12:59 PM Christopher A. Lee spake thus:

Just for accuracy's sake, canceling posts *sometimes* works. I've been able to cancel posts, within the last couple years. But cancelling a post is an iffy proposition, as described.

- a Usenet "apology"
✖