308 ice_age snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

253 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.com

213 snipped-for-privacy@chebucto.ns.ca

Reply to
Brian Smith

INT WTF

Reply to
The Seabat

I posted to the wrong group and cancelled the post from my end. Apparently it wasn't cancelled before you saw it.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Most providers don't honour cancel requests these days, because people were writing cancelbots to remove other people's messages they didn't like especially in controversial groups.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

I didn't know that, thanks for the information. If I do mix up posts again, I will just post an apology right at that time.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Thanks - we all mix up posts.

The cancelbots started off with the best of intentions, to cut down on spam, but it didn't take long for too many people to use them.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Apparently so.

Reply to
Brian Smith

On 2/1/2010 12:59 PM Christopher A. Lee spake thus:

Just for accuracy's sake, canceling posts *sometimes* works. I've been able to cancel posts, within the last couple years. But cancelling a post is an iffy proposition, as described.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl