Steam in Movies

I've just been watching a Western called Bite the Bullet. Does anyone know whose trains and cars they used for that film and whereabouts it was shot.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

According to imdb.com...

Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Chama, New Mexico

Reply to
CowGoesMoo

My wife was an extra in that. I've got to get the DVD so she can point out just which fleeting glimpse is of her.

She fondly recalls talking between scenes with Ben Johnson, a great old character actor and a pretty great guy as she remembers.

Lots of Taos area folks were up in Chama for that one.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I don't know whose railroad equipment was used, but it was shot in Nevada, Colorado, and New Mexico.

Phil

Reply to
Mogul

Steve Thanks for that. Ben Johnson is one of of my favourite actors. I think his role in Bite the Bullet was some of of his best work. It's a great film with the added bonus of some great train shots.

Reply to
Les Pickstock