Ther is a repower of sorts for the MDC Boxcab / Climax...

Although i think this guy is highly over priced! www.lafeverclimax.com

Seems to be beating a dead horse! The MDC Climax is a real orphan, with a body made so it would fit onto the MDC boxcab diesel, giving it an unrealistic look.
I used and article from an old magazine to cut down the chassis on mine and to re-do the body so it sits lower and looks more prototypical. Did this many years ago.
Bob Boudreau

Well since i'm interested in doing this, why don't you expand on this!
Big Rich Soprano wrote

Try the December, 1982 issue of Model Railroader. I did such an "improvement" many years ago and enjoyed same. HTH. Jerry

It's hardly available anymore. I have nothing from that year.