train oders

See how to make an operating (I wish) train order rack and how to use it. If I could get the engineer to stick his arm out the window and grab it on the
fly, I would. See my compromise at; http://www.rrscenery.com
Phil Anderson
--
Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

On 2/21/2008 1:45 PM azrock spake thus:

Shoot; and here I thought you were going to tell us how to make a module that would emit real train orders (wood, coal or oil smoke for steam, diesel exhaust, or ozone for electrics).

Been done years ago, as I recall. Think the company was Olfactory Airs or something similar. They offered bottles of scents that had a railroady theme. You put the scents on a scrap of material and placed it near whatever it was you wanted to smell a particular way... i.e., creosote near a timber trestle or your track work.
On a totally OT note, remember scratch 'n' sniff inserts in magazines?
Claude Allen
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:25:28 GMT, Claude H. Allen wrote:

Hmmmm - was that in the Athearn catalog? The Lil' Hustler? Or the other Hustler?
--
Steve

I understand the first magazine to feature a scratch-and-sniff insert was a limited-edition publication intended strictly for our WWI doughboys.
It was entitled "Oder There".
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 00:22:34 -0800, P. Roehling wrote:

The lucky among those guys were getting OJT and didn't need scratch and sniff centerfolds.
--
Steve

"OJT"?
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:14:14 -0800, P. Roehling wrote:

On-the-job training. After all, wasn't one of our more decorated units called "The Fighting 69th"?
--
Steve

Well, if you're still speaking of the First World War, not really.
By the time WWI rolled around, the "fighting 69th" had become the 165th Infantry.
http://www.fighting69th.com/about_tara_hall.htm
Isn't Google wonderful?
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:41:09 -0800, P. Roehling wrote:

You gonna believe what some Army bureaucrat came up with, or Jimmy Cagney and Pat O'Brien?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Steve

Yes, I know. ;-)
But living in southern California as I do, and having worked in the entertainment industry, I'm also aware that movies are not (gasp) actual history. (Unless they're labeled "documentaries", in which case nobody saw them anyway.)
-Pete
"P. Roehling" wrote:

How about "Docu-dramas??? Huh, huh? ;-)
Greg.P.

The word "docu-drama" is properly pronounced "fiction".
-Pete