Umlauts, or, What does Märklin look like in a header?

No message, just curious about subject headers and what makes them work. Can everyone see the umlaut over the 'a' or is it gibberish? Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

Depends on which language and alphabet set you have selected. I can see it without a problem....

Reply to
+GF+

No problem here: WinXP Home, Thunderbird. David

Reply to
David P Harris

It hides under "View>Encoding" and "View>Character Encoding" in Explorer and Mozilla respectively. If you choose "Western" or "Western European", you'll see the characters correctly.

/Torsten

Reply to
Torsten Lif

Umlaut is present and correct on my G3 Mac running OSX Panther and NewsWatcher-X

Reply to
Dick Ganderton

Umlaut "ä" is correct on OE in Germany

Reply to