Who goes against the rules with DCC?

    I mean, I read about all the layouts with a 12g bus and 18g feeders every 3 feet but does anyone run successfully with 14g and 24g
feeders every 8 to 10 feet?

I use 18 and 24 gauge wire and I don't need to have feeders that close together. As long as you keep your track clean, and solder your joints, you won't have a problem with a significantly longer spacing.
Frank Eva http://www.trainweb.org/digitalrailroader /