A few engine pictures

Hi all, have added a few pictures of some of the engines at Dumfries Vintage Society show last weekend if anyones interested.

Cheers,

MartinH

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Thanks, Martin, I always enjoy browsing more engine pictures. I recognised the Powell from Astle Park last year, its a small world !

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Your EG looks splendid in red and the Fowler is so good it must belong to DmcC :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Hi Martin, We went to Dumfries on Sunday for a few hours and then on to the Dumfries & Galloway Aviation Museum which was well worth a visit. Hadn't been in a few years and things had moved on a lot at the museum. I actually took a couple of photos of your Bamford, looked good in red. Of interest to me were the two Fowlers for which the details and photos were taken.

We also went to Hethersgill spectating, great selection of engines, again took a few snaps which will hopefully appear on the website time permitting.

Fellow Scot by any chance ?! Will be exhibiting at Astle Park should anyone want to pop by for a chat. Regards David

Reply to
David McC

Another big show in Carlisle this weekend, will see whats different that turns up and post some more if you like a browse!!!

Mart> Your EG looks splendid in red and the Fowler is so good it must belong > to

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Martin Hirst

Another big show in Carlisle this weekend, will see whats different that turns up and post some more if you like a browse!!!

Mart> Your EG looks splendid in red and the Fowler is so good it must belong > to

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Martin Hirst

When I manage to get the Carrington photos sorted, I shall be posting them to the usual newsgroup. I will also try to put them up on one of my websites. Notable this year was the 1945 Ruston Hornsby 9 H.R.C. 114hp from Wolferton Pumping Station!

Reply to
Barry Ruck

Thanks for the praise Roland but on this occasion it was someone elses !! Still, its the thought that counts !! ;-) Regards David PS - I know of a certain Fowler that will look good in a fresh coat of red...!

Reply to
David McC