A salutary lesson

All to do with the oils the dealers are expected to keep, and what the relevant manufacturer keeps Vauxhall 'super synthetic' was originally 5w40 specific to diesels, but they've now changed to a 5w30 suitable for petrols and diesels. If you were to look at the oil specs, you'll find that renault and vauxhall list similar oils as being suitable, just that they recommend whatever oil they normally use/sell through the dealers.

Reply to
moray

That broken wire should of been found during the diagnostic procedure, if they had followed the protocol properly. Manufacturers are clamping down on dealers/technicians who don't follow the protocol, as it's costing them alot of money in incorrect diagnostics, with your A/C fault being a prime example. Manufacturer's would rather pay for some extra diagnostic time, rather than a replacing something that isn't the problem.

That does sound like your typical dealer.

moray

Reply to
moray

Reply to
R A Wright

I can't say that i've been asked for one yet- but do sell plenty for the 'eco-tec' have had local hire company on for 1.3 gasket set - blown engine -mind you it has 130,000 on clock! the 1.9 gm is also a italian lump - found in alfa's water pump has plastic impeller -it falls of !!! regards julian

Reply to
jagojules

I can't say that i've been asked for one yet- but do sell plenty for the 'eco-tec' have had local hire company on for 1.3 gasket set - blown engine -mind you it has 130,000 on clock! the 1.9 gm is also a italian lump - found in alfa's water pump has plastic impeller -it falls of !!! regards julian

They must be copying the germans with the impeller trick. That's a classic VAG problem.

EGR valves on the 1.3s aren't as big a problem, provided the ECU has been programmed with the new update with the EGR self-cleaning routine in it ;-)

Reply to
moray

Oh I don't know so much - I remember that happening to an old Vauxhall Ventora I once worked on, (with the big straight six) something like a bronze impeller pushed onto a steel shaft IIRC.

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

The RAF museum in London found a Felixstowe flying boat hull being used as a shed in a garden in Suffolk many years ago.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

An update, went into Dealer with Van last Tuesday and was told they could not give me five minutes to check connection so I would have to leave it with them or book it in so next Friday nearly, two weeks later, it goes in to have one wire checked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have already had a quick look and found all wiring in place up to van electrics and if it wasn't for the fact that the cables are either grey or pink I would fix it myself, and its a company van and warranted

campingstoveman

OH yes! I want one too - but I can just imagine the look on Hazel's face, so I won't try & squeeze one into the back garden.

However, what an absolutely marvellous device to fit to a trailer. It covers your engine (s) whilst on the move in the position intended by Avro's. Upon arrival, the trailer is detached from the car & the nosecone raised into a vertical position, preferably by hydraulic rams operated from a stationary engine driven pump. It could be fitted with a seat & table top, kettle etc so one may sit at one's ease in the blazing sun or pouring rain. The "No gazebo" brigade that pester us at events would be nonplussed as it is a trailer cover, honest.

How much and where can I get one? ;o))

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Do I hear a Mighty Wurlitzer? :~}

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Bluff called - Have to be quick:

Item 110225327871

Now if you shortened it a little and fitted two cows horns, it would make a brilliant helmet :-)

John

Reply to
John

I've been watching that all week -- but I really couldn't think what I needed it for, so didn't buy it.

(Yes, I have been ill lately)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Gentlemen,

The final outcome, I took the van in to have the wiring sorted today, arrived at 08:00 and left it with them. I then got a call at 11:30 telling me that they had contacted the company who had fitted the towbar on their behalf and they could not look at the van until next Wednesday so I asked them what was the point of me bringing in today at their request then. I was asked to return it next Wednesday but I suggested that as they had their own Auto Electricians they might have a look instead. After a few mutterings the garage went away and rang me back late afternoon to tell me it was fixed. Due to a hospital visit this afternoon I cant collect the van until tomorrow morning hopefully all shall be well.

campingstoveman

Collected the Van this morning, the desk jockey had great delight in telling me that they had found that the tow socket had been incorrectly wired, I nearly bit my tongue off trying not to say told you so. I went outside and tested it before I left the forecourt, not that I didn't believe him.

Martin P

campingstoveman