A Find!

Work took me to the garage at JCB's at Uttoxeter today, where they were examining the engine shown on the Web page below:

Any idea how old / how much? It's NEVER been run!

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

The air-cooled Enfields date from the 1950's onwards, the 350 engine is listed in the 1958/61 CAV catalogue, but not in the 1955/57 catalogue.

£50 for the engine and another £25 for the coats of paint! :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

PA> The air-cooled Enfields date from the 1950's onwards, the PA> 350 engine is listed in the 1958/ PA> 61 CAV catalogue, but not in the PA> 1955/57 catalogue.

PA> £50 for the engine and another £25 for the coats of paint! :-))

PA> Peter

The 350 is described as a "noteworthy addition to the range" in the fifth edition (1961) British diesel engine catalogue. Anyone have the previous (1957) edition to verify or otherwise the engine's absence?

Small diesels are becoming more popular as rally exhibits (there is a regular at Barleylands who shows an impressive selection which seems to grow each year) but they don't really make any money so Peter's estimate is probably fair - though if it is all alloy like its bigger brethren, forget the paint and get polishing!

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

Not in the Third Edition or the First.

We have 1st, 3rd and 6th Editions.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Not in the 4th ed (1957) BDEC

Tom

Reply to
Rastus

Seen the pics now and I see what you mean about the paint - looks like it's been the subject of the old navy saying " if it moves salute it and if it doesn't move paint it"!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H