Am I a Twitter

Gentlemen,

I use technology and new ideas daily with my job and that includes the use of computers but there is one thing that really bugs me. Whets the point of Blogging and Twittering I have just been looking at a Museum Website with its own twitter page and to me it looks like a complete waist of space, what does it do !!!!!

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

A distortion of the space time continuum?

Reply to
brightside S9

Martin I think your diagnosis is entirely correct. Its a poor substitute for face to face contact. It allows every half-witted twerp to prognosticate and pontificate with a frequency and duration well beyond that appropriate to their skills and experience :-)

back to the shed and garden.... Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

computers but there is one thing that really bugs

me it looks like a complete waist of space, what

Hi Martin, I completely agree with your diagnosis! If you have broadband I do find that Skype is a great help as it lets you video chat to enginemen worldwide for free and the latest improvement is that it lets you (If you wish) share your screen with your friend and he can see the relevant picture and where your marker is. This means when you are discussing say, the fuel feed for a particular engine you can show him the relevant pipe route and carburettor details that you are discussing! All it costs is a few £'s for the headset microphone. Wht not give it a try?

Reply to
Dave Croft

Reply to
campingstoveman

On Thu, 13 May 2010 22:52:59 +0100, "campingstoveman" wrote::

The point of blogging is, I suppose, that you can have some form of web site without having to write the HTML..................... Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

Brian,

I wouldn't mind but it just seems mindless drivel at lest a web site has some purpose.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Is it waterproof??

ttfn Roland