An interesting development.

I submitted a couple of classified ads to SEM this month. I missed the deadline for the next edition (badged "February") as it was early this month, but thought what the hell - what's another month?

Today, my cheque came back from Sue Costar, their ClasAds editor with a nice note on a compliments slip saying that from the March edition, ALL classified ads would be free to private advertisers. I suspect, in fact, this will be restricted to subscribers, but as most are sold that way, it is still quite a concession.

I was quite impressed by this bit of sprat-to-catch-a-mackerel & look forward to a much expanded clasads section.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

It is probably a response to Ebay's strong presence in the old engine market, and IIRC Old Glory did the same recently, certainly their classified section is much bigger than before.

Hopefully it will make the Classifieds more interesting reading. I found them totally uninteresting in the last issue.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Should add a few more additions to the classified lists in the future, just hope that it`s decent stuff and not just the dregs that are advertised cause it`s free !!

market, and IIRC Old Glory did the same recently,

them totally uninteresting in the last issue.

Reply to
Martin Hirst