Barnard - Marchal engines

I bought the larger of the two sizes of these French engines at Newbury at the weekend. Yesterday, I took some pics of them together so interested parties can see the differences & not buy two the same like I did about two years apart! They are fairly uncommon here although I bet they are at least seven for sixpence across the narrow water. If I get around to it, I will exhibit both together - notice my more realistic approach ;o))

Aside from being bigger about and some 5" taller, the most obvious difference is the pushrod tubes which are MUCH bigger & more widely splayed on the larger engine.

I can't find out much about them - perhaps I'm not researching the right words - any ideas gentlemen?

Off now for a couple of days filming in Maldon about the 991 battle. It is for the History Channel in their "Warriors" series. Back Thursday.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

We have one of they, or at least, Philip (No2 Son) does. He bought it at Nuenen this year, one of three that we looked at.

Bernard W112.

Data sheets on our website as usual, look for the red and white B-M logo/icon.

Also sold as Conord, identical engines and spec's.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

W810 is here:

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Thanks Peter, very useful as ever! I should have thought of it myself .... ;o))

Reply to
Kim Siddorn