BSA Genset Head Gaskets

We have a cylinder head with Gaskets-To-Go in Thailand, and John Baker is preparing a quotation for us for a batch of 1mm thick gopper composite gaskets.

If anyone wants to buy gaskets on the back of our order, let me have your expressions of interest asap so I can give John the figures. Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Copper would read better than "gopper" !

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Peter, Which model of BSA and do you have any idea of cost?

John

Reply to
John

The little slant engine generator, like the Johnson Chore Horse.

Don't have a price yet, and no firm commitment needed until we have the firm pricing from John Baker.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

My machine is one of the Canadian OMC WW2 versions, presumeably they all use the same gasket. Colour me interested.

Reply to
crn

I'll send you a picture of the cylinder without head to confirm that. Out tomorrow on site, do it on Friday (engines are at the factory!)

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

That's a shame, my engine is a vertical single 120cc. The gaskets ere likely to be different. I've always assumed my engine is closely related to their motorcycle ones.

John

Reply to
John

A few variations on the Johnson/OMC engines, but as long as yours is one of the later types, upon which I believe the BSA unit was based, then cylinder head stud count and position looks the same:-

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Looks OK, it looks like the 400 series with no round blank.

Reply to
crn

Fooled me yet again! Whenever anyone says "BSA", I automatically think of the 120cc aluminium crankcased & headed vertical SV engines that the Post Office & many, many others used for about twenty years around the sixties.

It never occurs to me to call the Ferrous Nag a BSA - although I'm of course aware that they made a few thousand at the end of the war. To me they are an Iron Horse, redolent of Great Plains and lonely train whistles ;o))

But it's all grist to the mill, of course, as I've now learned that there were more models than I knew of previously!

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
kimsiddorn

kimsiddorn wrote (snip):

Which mental image moved me to seek out this track:-

I shall refrain from commenting on the accompanying video - shades of Stacia!

NHH

Reply to
Nick H