Copper fittings etc

Gentlemen, Where do you all purchase your copper tube olives and nuts for fuel lines etc.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Have used this firm a couple of times for tube and solder on fittings, not the cheapest but not the dearest either.

MartinH

Reply to
Martin Hirst

It's not easy, I rebuild several small engines a year and finding them petrol tanks & lines is usually the most time consuming and fiddly business.

I don't suppose anyone with a small production facility would be prepared to run some nuts and solderable nipples off at a reasonable price? I bet they'd get snapped up at engine jumbles!

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I don't suppose anyone with a small production facility would be prepared to run some nuts and solderable nipples off at a reasonable price? I bet they'd get snapped up at engine jumbles!

Ken Hickman normally has nuts and nipples for sale, and no doubt will be at the Sortout this Saturday. Failing that the Complete Automobilist also sells them on line, just google for their details.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

If you want nice brass tube in 4, 6 and 8mm diameters, in 1 metre lengths, try your local B & Q warehouse. Excellent quality and cheap. Not sold at the normal B & Qs, only the larger warehouse type stores.

A good source of olives and nuts and many other useful workshop items, providing you don't mind buying a box, is a company called Eurostock Springs. Telephone number is 01527 540600. (based in Evesham). If you ask for a guy called Dave, he'll help you out and will post any number of boxes for £4 postage. Website address is

If you have a friendly, local carpart stockist, with an account with Automec, they can order for you, boxes of single-size nuts and olives, metric and imperial. Unfortunately, they don't supply direct to the public.

Probably, the easiest way though, for any brass fittings is to go to America for them. I find them much cheaper and less expensive even with postage, and a much better selection. Check out the website of McMaster-Carr,

Hope these might help.

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark Drake