Fowler twin

Don't recall having seen one before and then two come along - one on ebay and one on the cover of current SEM! Are they uncommon or have I just never noticed them about?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

I don't recall seeing one either. Looks like a good buy to my uneducated eye.

John

Reply to
John

They are pretty rare, as like most Fowler petrol engines, the build quality was just awful on them. Most of the twin's I have come across are radiator cooled, but I have seen a few hopper cooled ones.

As for the one on ebay, I believe that the buyer may be a little disapointed when he goes to collect his new engine. I was going to bid on it, but upon closer inspection of the photos I realised that for some reason the flywheel was on the wrong side and that the mag was bolted on in the wrong place and that a couple of the castings had been butchered to allow this.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob