Hydraulic press?

Is there anyone in the Bristol area that has - or has access to - a hydraulic press? The Lyons & Wrench dynamo that is fitted to the WW1 ABC I'm restoring is now in very good order, but the armature winding appears to be carried on an aluminium carrier and it's moved on the shaft by about an inch. I'd imagine the heavy great thing has been dropped on its end at some time.

Can anyone help? I'm quite happy to pay for the work.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

RR Heritage w/shop????

Reply to
Mike.H.

Ask some time around Easter, by when I might have my Northerly Press re-located down here. Otherwise this is usually a local garage tea fund job.

In other news, one of my sheds is now shorn of roof, has its walls fettled, and has most of the joists in place for its new extra-cozy green roof with added insulation. 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

John in Abingdon has kindly offered the use of his press and as he is on the way back from Enstone along the A34, I shall take him up on it.

Thanks though, Andy, that was kind of you.

Reply to
kimsiddorn

I know paint is a taboo subject but I find it helps a lot. White walls and ceilings reflect the light and a painted floor is easier to keep clean.

John

Reply to
John

White makes a big difference. When we limewashed the underside of the rafters in our Longhall, you could read newsprint inside with the shutters closed for the first time.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Possibly a daft suggestion... Have you tried dropping it on the other end to see if it goes back?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Yes ;o)) It didn't move at all & I don't want to risk belling the end of the shaft anymore than it is already!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn