Enstone

Enstone Bring & Buy coming up on Saturday 14th. Make your missus happy, go & look at your Stuff & think what you could readily do without, take it along, see your mates deride your choices & take it home again ;o))

I am resolved to go forth and do likewise, possibly selling a few of my books. Now I've said that, I bet it rains!.

Nick, your handle is in the car already

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Kim,

I cant remember if I had said this but after Dorset my beloved as if I could tidy up around the garage and I had a large tidy up and took 1.6 tons of scrap to the scrap man. I didn't believe what I had around me. Was £180 better off until the cat stepped out in front of a car though!!!!!

Reply to
campingstoveman

Cheers Kim, Enfield is still exactly where it landed several weeks ago and still lacking any sort base to hold it upright!

BTW. I don't understand this concept of 'stuff you could readily do without' - how do you *know* until they finally screw the lid down?

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Tell me you havn't run over that nice little moggie?

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Reply to
campingstoveman

Yes, I know it sounds like heresy. However, as the vet said soberingly enough when asked how we would know when it was time to have our elderly dog put down, "You'll just know".

And we did .

I have owned, restored and sold several Lister D's, an A, two early Wolseley WD series, various Ferrous Nags and a couple of Tiny Tims. They were either of no interest anymore or surplus to requirements.

And away they went .

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

This may seem cruel but having paid out £243 for initial care a minimum of £500 to have his hip corrected was the limit especially when our vet told us he would get about happily with a tiny limp without the op, four to five weeks on you wouldn't know he has a problem and the sooner the vet says we can let him out of the house again the better as he makes a Banshee seem quiet when he is in his large cage.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Sorry Martin, I could have sworn I read 'the car' rather than 'a car' and had visions of some driveway disaster!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

I am still encumbered with quantities of radio stuff and odd bits related to cars I have owned on the basis that, should the bug bite again, it might be difficult to 're-equip' as it were - that and the pure aggro of trying to dispose of it all to good homes, preferably with some advantage to toys fund.

Mind you, last weekend I was modifying a hot air engine displacer top and, just as I was about to chuck up a piece of 3" ally bar most of which would be turned into swarf, I spied the air filter elbow from a Hillman Imp sport. A little hack-sawing and turning later had just thin walled ring I needed with much less work and wastage.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Ah what would we do without a good stock of lathe fodder for creative recycling.

John

Reply to
John