I forgot how to start a diesel>

A friend bought a boat that had a diesel set in the boat, but not hooked up. The motor was very stiff so I pulled the injectors, put in penetrating oil, turned her by hand the next day, then on the starter and she loosened up alot; but little fuel came out of the inj pump. I tried again with the two levers on the side of the inj pump in various positions but still only a very minimal amount of fuel. Am I missing something?

Further I guess I should have some concern about cylinder surfaces. I plan to run her abit, and if she doesn't overheat, do a leakdown test. Any comments?

Reply to
wblakesx