I raise a glass of our finest home brew

To Rita and Peter Forbes...

Thank you from Joules and Jules, for the delivery of our engine. Hopefully next year we will be on the exhibitors side of the rope. I will start on the engine when Jules goes back to teaching at the end of the summer holidays. As you may have noticed Peter, I have an enthusiastic audience next door... The kids are asking when I will bring my toys!!! out to play...

Again thank you, to you both, your time and efforts are much appreciated from here.

Joules

Reply to
Joules

Ahh, another one on the slippery slope.....I remember obtaining a Petter for a well known contributor to this NG some years back. That was about fourty engines ago :-))

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Welcome aboard Joules, I hope you've plenty of space in your shed :-). I enjoyed your posts about the 3/1. Please keep us up to date on progress. I saw your other engine in transit yesterday. Looks very respectable.

Many thanks are due from me to Peter and Rita as well, for collection and delivery of a heavy lathe and one of the most clapped out Lister mixers ever seen :-). It will make a fine trolley for my Petter 8S. Having extracted the engine, I hope to contribute the superstructure to our local scrappie tonight, in return for him wielding his gas axe on it.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

LOL,

Arthur we saw the lathe, my other half was about to have kittens, as she thought I was getting that!!!

The story on the 3/1 is not great at the momment, I need to look at getting the barrel bored out and sleaved. Not sure if it will be worth the effort and expense, maybe with more experience and time under my belt I will come back to it, or as I collect more parts. At present the cost of restoration would seem to be higher than buying a working 5/1... I have already been told, the flywheels would look nice up the garden, she's loved...

Joules

Reply to
Joules