Internal Fire

My American friend Arnie has posted the message below to the ATIS list.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Folks, I think you'll REALLY enjoy this video clip from a local Welsh TV program. It's one of the classiest pieces that I've ever seen that features some beautiful old iron running in period settings. It should also help to make it clear why the Internal Fire Museum is on my list of annual charity giving. Paul Evans is doing great work here and it's really worth supporting. ENJOY!!

big at 45Mb but they did a good job so worth looking at (hopefully).

See ya, Arnie

Arnie Fero Pittsburgh, PA fero snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I haven't finished the download yet.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Don't ya just luv some 'muriccans. No hope for Bush & Cheney 'tho.

Works fine. Image appears grainy at full-screen image, but totally watchable.

God knows what aerial Arnie plugged into :-) Must have used the core of one of his pet nuclear power stations .... When I was living over there, only British TV station I could get was BBC World Service .............

Even got the digital sub-titles. Not sure they are identical to the analogue ones. Curious.

Colin

Reply to
Colin

OK, now sure it was the same sub-titles. Had the same comments such as "Sulzer of London", & "the engine starts eevery second time" when describing the four stroke cycle.

Still a nice piece of film, with much better chuffs, ticks & clicks in the background than most .......... Not designed for us as an audience, but a good intro.

BTW, for any overseas readers, S4C is a local Welsh channel which is Welsh-language only in the evening. That's why there was a local commentator, & why you got references to Welsh interest such as Aberystwyth (local township) electicity generation by engines such as Tangye's.

One of world's smaller viewing populations, which makes Arnie's success al the more notable! Colin

Reply to
Colin

Terrific! Well done Paul, well done S4C and thanks for making it available on line.

Reply to
Nick H

Taped this on digital this time, & got the subtitles fine, whereas I couldn't do that on analogue, although they showed on the screen with both versions.

No idea whether its my finger trouble (most likely), or a technical issue. Nice to know that you can tape the sub-titles somehow ...

Colin

Reply to
Colin