Internal Fire End of Season Rally

All,

Given the fact that this event is missed out in the current Stationary Engine Magazine, I thought it might bear repeating in a thread of it's own.

The end of season rally and museum day is on Sunday 9th October. The museum is near Cardigan in Southwest Wales, and more info and directions can be found on

The museum is a "must-see" attraction for enthusiasts and well worth the effort of a visit. It's got to be the fastest growing engine museum on these islands, and our support (that means paying visits and donations) will help it to continue developing and improving even further.

There will also be the unrivalled attraction of a uk.rec.engines stationary freak show to amaze and delight the visitor ;-). If you're new to the group, or a non-poster, don't be shy, ask someone to point out one of the group, and you can meet some of the merry throng, and even drink Martin's famous camping stove tea if you're brave.

Don't miss it. See you there!

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Campingstoveman

Magazine, I thought it might bear

is near Cardigan in Southwest Wales, and

a "must-see" attraction for enthusiasts

engine museum on these islands, and our

developing and improving even further.

freak show to amaze and delight the visitor ;-).

point out one of the group, and you can

tea if you're brave.

Hi Arthur, If you want to know who else from this group is there how about you all printing the badge I did a couple of years ago & writing your names on it. See

it is too far away to suit my domestic limitations!

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

takes plugs from ears, shakes head in dazed manner......

I hear you Martin. Just be careful you don't ever ask for biccies in this way at a Labour conference, they'll have special forces all over you in seconds ;-)

Reply to
Arthur G

Arthur,

Had to make sure you could hear, I have taken the liberty to print some of Dave's Badges and will bring a pen and pins for all those who want to wear them.

Mart>> JUST DON'T FORGET THE BISCUITS ARTHUR :-))

Reply to
Campingstoveman

The Newsgroup guys shouldn't be difficult to spot....I will be the one with the Pegson 'Irish Motorbike' making holes in the ground ;-)

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Did you have to put the word Irish into your sentence, after my ear bashing about the biscuits he'll give you a good going over :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Naah. I'm not paranoid enough to take such humour personally, besides, it was designed in England as a stationary pogo stick, wasn't it :-).

Arthur G

about the biscuits he'll give you a good

Reply to
Arthur G

Magazine, I thought it might bear

is near Cardigan in Southwest Wales, and

a "must-see" attraction for enthusiasts

engine museum on these islands, and our

developing and improving even further.

freak show to amaze and delight the visitor ;-).

point out one of the group, and you can

tea if you're brave.

Anyone passing J24/25 on the M1 before then?

I have a few small bits for Paul.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

It's going to be great weather. We're having a wicked weekend now, to clear the air ready for next week ....

Popped into IF yesterday. First time for some weeks. Was more than slightly amazed to see a b....... great Allen bolted in opposite the Sulzer. Didn't find out what grunt it has, but it's several yards long by a few yards high & must weight lots of tons ....... one Allen must be the power equivalent of thousands of Maytags or Briggs & Strattons, & you don't see so many at the rally field.

Paul is expecting a bunch of NG folk. That will be rather nice, as I've never seen most. I can perhaps even talk to Dan about my 1890's Tangye that he didn't want! I'm hoping I can find a good local home for it as a gate exhibit, as the "Before" part of a "Before & After" display.............

On the down side, that means more folk to take pix of big toys for the photo competition .....

Colin

Reply to
Colin

I am trying to convince she who must be obeyed to give me the weekend of from gardening

And hopefully I will pay a visit

Reply to
The wild eye