Butterley Station holds Thomas Tank Engine event

Belper News

5th March 2008

" The Midland Railway in Butterley will be running a Day out with Thomas event over the weekend of 8th & 9th March.

Trains will be running from Butterley Station from 10.30am until 4.15 pm each day with Thomas the Tank Engine and Daisy the Diesel Railcar taking turns on trains taking passengers to the museum site at Swanwick Junction "

I always enjoy my visits to Butterley, a good group of friendly people and a model layout, which is in the process of updating, to look forward to. The model rail shop offers 2nd hand stock and 15% of new Hornby !

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Thanks for that, been looking for an excuse to go to the museum there for a while. All those beutiful red engines !

Did you go to donington ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

How did I guess you'd be the first to reply Simon :-)

No ! Went looking for a new car.

Hope to go to the show at the sports centre in Nottingham later this month ... missed it last year. People say it's a good show ?

Just remembered ........ Butterley sometimes have a mobile cooked food van on site at these events, best hot dogs I had ever tasted & the onions are never burnt :0)

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Utterly Butterley?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

O'dear O'dear O'dear :-))))

Reply to
Dragon Heart

How did I guess you'd be the first to reply Simon :-)

No ! Went looking for a new car.

Hope to go to the show at the sports centre in Nottingham later this month ... missed it last year. People say it's a good show ?

Just remembered ........ Butterley sometimes have a mobile cooked food van on site at these events, best hot dogs I had ever tasted & the onions are never burnt :0)

Chris

Of course, always up for a chance to see Thomas ! Still thinking about all those red engines though. his nibs has tentatively agreed so could be there - the hot dogs could swing it.

Never mind Nottingham, go to Swannington on 22/23rd this month, Barrow on Soar group - one of the nicest set of modellers you could wish to meet.

Donington must have been a poor day for traders, hardly anyone there, great for bargains though.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon