Website with wrong photo shocker

I was (mildly) amused by the choice of photo used to decorate the home page of Kosovo Railways:

Arthur Figgis

In message , Arthur Figgis writes

I was even more amused by the English they use, see

"Kosovo Railways are in very bed situation."

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

What with the Serbian Railways having taken control of 50km section of line in Kosovo:

Reply to
Phil Richards

"Nevertheless, with clear objectives, good prepared actions and plans, I believe that we will achieve desirous results..."

Reply to
MartinS

My Albanian(?) and Serbian(?) aren't really up to mocking them for that. The GWR 0-4-0T is one of Hornby's most bizarre choices of model, but then Kosovo isn't where I would have thought to look for an NSB Nohab, either!

Or alternatively Kosovo Railways having taken control of a (x-50) km section of Serbian railways :-)

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

A model railway - something we desparately need back here!

Reply to
Sky Rider

Is that a curious way of saying theyre hoping to get Desiros as a result .....

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

No, no - they really did move mail by rail once upon a time!

Oh, I see. I'll get me coat.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

...... said Mr. Brown. ;-)

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Reply to
Mike

President Bush surely, speaking at a pre-Iraq war press briefing...

Reply to
Mizter T

Apparently Barack Obama is providing a challenge to the impersonators. First, one has to be the right colour and approximately the right build. In addition, he has few mannerisms, apart from waving his hands about, and he doesn't mangle the language.

Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii of a Kenyan father; raised among Muslims, he later became an atheist and then a Christian. He graduated from Columbia University, an Ivy League college in Manhattan, in 1983 and gained a law degree magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991. Unlike Bill Clinton, he was not a Rhodes Scholar.

Reply to
MartinS

You can imagine the accent as you read it!

Reply to
MartinS

It doesn't say much for the skills of 'Merkan impersonators.

Reply to
Charles Ellson

But then he blew it by saying, in a televised debate, that if the Pakistani government could not act to deal with terrorists within it's own borders the US should do so, using military force. Now even Bush hasn't said anything that stupid. WW3 anyone?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd