Non-intrusive crossover system

How long before someone makes a model of this?

Jane Sullivan

Vastly overscale flanges will make it more of a challenge in model form.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I've seen a similar system in use on streetcar tracks in San Francisco.

Reply to
MartinS

Jane Sullivan said the following on 04/03/2008 13:28:

Not quite sure how they can apply for a patent for this because the Penrhyn Quarry used something like that.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

There was a very similar system used in some sort of yard in New York, used to gain access to the engine shed if I remember right. Sadly I lost the link during a computer melt-down, but the site was something to do with US signalling.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Known, I believe, as climbing crossovers, these have been in use on industrial light railways for many, many years.

Regards, John Isherwood.

Reply to
cctransuk

Obviously the principle itself is well known, but if they have a developed, say, novel deployment or fixing methods then it may be patentable.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq