Peco point motors

Hi everyone, The latest Railway Modeller has a Peco ad showing PL11 above board point motors. Does anyone know when or where these are available. Peco's page doesnt list them, nor do any of the major stockists' webpages. Any enlightenment?

scoot

Reply to
scoot

There is one advertised on E-Bay from

A.P MODELS 4 SALTERS COURT,3 LOWER BAR, NEWPORT.SHROPSHIRE. TF10 7BE.

but it states

PECO RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE A CDU WITH THIS POINT MOTOR AS 16v IS NOT ENOUGH TO THROUGH THE POINT OVER.

John

Reply to
John Firth

They were available from peco stockists for £5 each, but most have now sold out. I have read elsewhere that the price has now increased by 50%.

Neil.

Reply to
mumbles

Theres a couple in my local toyshop as well as a CDU. But they dont do mail order so that may not help.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Can they be manually operated? Can electrical switching be achieved?

Reply to
Greg Procter

"mumbles" wrote

Sold our last one yesterday.

Indeed - they are now £7.75 each, but have been well received.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Click on link and scroll down to it.

Keith Willcocks

Thanks for the link Keith, but it offers little enlightenment. I have now seen one or two on Ebay, but am yet to find a model shop that stocks the item. So, can anyone enlighten me further? scoot

Reply to
scoot

Didn't Mumbles answer your question? They appear to have sold the first batch.

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin