Kelvin Marine Engine.

Having failed to sell first time around ..................

If the engine owes him that much, I presume he must have spent a fair bit on it. Or do marine engines command that level of value?

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

I'll be amazed if he gets anwhere near to that. OK, it wouldn't be too hard to spend that amount of money on one, but even if I were willing to buy an engine for that sort of money I would expect to see documentation for all the work and some sort of warranty, not the 'take it or leave it' 'sold as seen' approach apparent in his spiel. Also no sign of the instruments, fuel filters or dynamo which would have been supplied with the engine when it was new. He also has some overpriced gearboxes for sale which would fit the engine. If he threw in the engine free with one of the gearboxes at

4250 that would be nearer the mark, IMO.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I've asked him if sight of the bills that add up to £25k are available to view prior to purchase.

We'll see ..........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn, Tim Leech said .......>

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Fast response! He said this .........

"Hi, I have cheque stubs for around £16,000 and nearly as much again was spent in cash and another £30,000 re-setting our engine beds, this engine was one of a pair that I had restored, but we never fitted them in the end as we found a more powerful pair of Kelvin R6 150HP engines which gave us more speed. "

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Not that kind of premium, it doesnt look to be one of the vintage Kelvin's either.

Take a look at:

Regards

Kevin T

I noticed that it was back on the market.

Regards. Dave Carter

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Translations:

"I will not accept offers under =A325k as this is what the engine owes me." In other words, I screwed up and I'm pig-headed I'm going to see zero return on it, rather than cutting my losses.

"as many parts are interchangable, continue to offer support, services and spares." You can get them, but it's =A325k to tart up a mere 4-pot 150HP engine.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Listing has been pulled.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

It's still listed this morning. Auction ends 5th Feb.

There's also this on eBay

I do like the hand starting arrangement. Can't figure out the need for two chains though.

John

Reply to
John

The brass wheel and chain at the rear are the gearchange.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I was looking at the one Andy posted:

So probably there is a newer url?

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

Ah I see. The wheel is free on the shaft not keyed to it as I assumed.

Thanks

John

Reply to
John