Guldner sold on ebay

Often admired this at rallies in the Beds and Herts area - wonder where it's off to now? Not a bad price - too big and heavy for me though. Think vendor is a friend of Martin's.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

It was sold by a friend of mine, I will find out where its going. He was amazed it fetched so much, as you say though big and heavy.

Reply to
campingstoveman

"campingstoveman" wrote (snip):-

Really? The medium speed horizontal diesel format was never very popular in UK and - whether it be this Guldner, the Uniporn that appeared at Chalkpits a few years ago, or even something like a comparatively modern Yanmar - is always something I will pause in my step to admire at a rally. So, for the price of a decent Lister CS, I think it's quite reasonable. Wasn't there an export only horizontal version or the Petter AV (AH?) - that'd be a nice find.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Badged as a 'National' IIRC.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

And lo, a picture - from our very own Charles Hamilton!

Nick H.

Reply to
Nick H

Nick,

Because of your quest for knowledge I asked where in this Island of ours the engine is going, the reply came back as Kent.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

"Charles Hamilton" wrote

What was it listed as - I didn't pick it up while it was live and can't find it in 'completed items' now?

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H