Villiers D270 on ebay

Martin's "Diesel for sale post" reminded me to see how this item is going:-

I don't recall ever having seen one with its canopy (somebody will now tell
me the countryside is littered with them). From what I hear, this was
probably as much to reduce noise as to protect the engine!
Reply to
Nick H
Nick,
I owned one for a while and if this one isn't sold I shall speak to the present owner who we all know. Mine was complete like this one is. Had one achiles they used to break the crank on occassion. Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
and the seal between fuel and oil in the sump breaks down and the monkey metal governer carrier explodes and they sound like a bucket of nails. Rare though :-) By the looks of the high bidder it'll be heading up to York passing a Crossley spanner en route.... ttfn Roland

Roland and Celia Craven
We had one that was almost new, came from Vauxhalls when they had it running a blower for a Quonset hut/building.
We relived one of our supplier's fathers of it for a decent consideration and passed it on at the next bring & buy at Bromham for cost plus £20 IIRC.
It came on a big chunk of 1/2" steel plate which I think is still in the engine shelter.
Peter
Reply to
Peter A Forbes
Made £157. Seems quite a 'full' price or am I just out of touch again?
Reply to
Nick H
Well, I thought Our Friend had done quite well too. I was initially interested, then John appeared with the two C-V MA2's - and anyway they appealed to me more . I'm away south to fetch them tomorrow.
Certainly, the Villiers is unusual, but I'm less attracted to squash-bang jobs anyway as I have neighbours to consider, both on the rally field and in the back garden! An engine than needs to be cowled must be pretty noisy .......
Regards,
Kim Siddorn,
"Nick H" wrote > Made £157. Seems quite a 'full' price or am I just out of touch again?
Reply to
Kim Siddorn