Newage SE on ebay

Not what you'd call pretty but definitely a bit different. I thought the name Newage was only applied to marinised Austin engines.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Newage Engineering was also a Stamford-based generator manufacturer.

Interesting that the vendor has 54 feedback points for buying, but none for selling, and the bidder on the auction with 14 bids in ONE day has no feedback at all....

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

"Prepair Ltd" wrote (snip):-

Still are, now merged with some German outfit. There are a few exhibits donated by them in Stamford museum including a gorgeous little Norman engined Bungalyte, probably aquired when they took over Alco some years ago. I must admit I didn't make that connection - I saw 'Austin' and 'Newage' and thought marine engines. Wonder which Co. it is?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

This is an Austin engine converted by Newage (with a v-belt driven governor and possibly a paraffin vaporiser) and used by Massey Ferguson on their 735 combines. Don't know if they made skid units for other applications or not.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

There's also Austinlite....

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Thanks for that Dan. So was this the same Newage as did the marinisation of Austin/Morris engines or the Stamford one (could be the same for all I know) and what was the base Austin engine? Guess that even if it is ex combine it still counts as an SE as I believe many IHC 'LA' models and of course the mighty Wisconsin V4 found themselves in similar applications. Needless to say I am only window shopping as usual.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Been busy buying lots of books on engines...

Fairly typical of a newbie on ebay, he registered 2 days ago... They haven't:

a) cottoned onto the proxy biding system so sequentailly bid at the minimum bid increment trying to become the highest bidder for the lowest price but really only end up pushing the selling price up. Especially if you get tw newbies fighting each other.

b) worked out that the best buyers strategy is not to bid until the last few seconds and then bid with the maximum your are prepared to pay.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Can't remember what base Austin engine they used - IIRC they were about

1600cc so possibly an A-Series? I think they were done by Newage of Stamford.

Happy memories of driving a friends 735 combine to Pickering Rally at 5 in the morning with the smell of TVO wafing around!

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

1600cc would be the B series. A series 850 to 1100cc (north - south application) Neat idea turning the Ex manifold upside down. Mike.H.
Reply to
Mike.H

Newage are/were makers of gearboxes! I have a model A on my canal boat.

Dave.

Reply to
speedy2