Blister on ebay

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale"
Which means that he either didn't see it getting anywhere near his reserve, or it was sold privately.
Peter
Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Didn't flag this up earlier as I had an idea I might bid myself (good sense
prevailed, I have enough toys for now!).
I believe this little engine was intended as Blackstone's answer to the
Lister D. Anyone know how successful they were?
Reply to
Nick H
I thought this was a nice little engine. Anyone know when they were introduced and how long they sold for?
The curved spoke flywheel would have looked very old fashioned by the twenties, surely?
Regards, Arthur G
Reply to
Arthur G
Gentlemen,
I have only ever seen a couple of these engines and its a nice little engine but I also think that its reserve was obviousely a bit high, £150.00 would seem enough for it dont you think.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Arthur, According to A-Z of Engines it was brought out as competition to the Lister D but when Blackstone bought Lister it was removed to stop the competition.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
I didn't even notice that it had been withdrawn, thought 'bridportcoachworks' had bought it - duh!
Reply to
Nick H
I think you're being parsimonious (sp) Martin and the identity of the high bidder suggests that there was till a "dealers margin" at that price. They sell well in the US! AFAIK made early 1930s. ttfn Roland
Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven
Probably the latter - it's how I got the Parsons.
Regards,
Kim Siddorn,
"Peter A Forbes" < wrote
reserve, or it was sold privately.