Stuart Turner on Ebay

P4, I think. Anyone else seen this type of magneto drive on a P series before?

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote

I think the chain drive mag arrived with the P4's full width crank which allowed the main drive to be taken from either side of the engine. As with most things S-T, I would imagine there were plenty of options and the direct drive mag was probably still available for applications where the main drive was taken from the flywheel side.

I can thoroughly recommend the following webshots page which shows a couple of examples of the chain driven mag ;-)

Nick H

Boy was I tempted by that, but I really don't need any more projects at the moment. I'd told myself that if it was still below £100 then I'd stick in a last minute bid, so it was with some relief that I switched on last night and found it at £101, still not expensive but out of the 'not to be missed bargain' range!

Reply to
Nick H