Re: sneak THIS past the wife?

Where do folks come up with this stuff? I recently read an article how they're smelting the F-14 fleet so no one's allowed to have any parts; they don't want them showing up on ebay! A* holes! My taxes went into the purchase of said vehicle; if you're done with it the citizens get to keep a tailfin or the canopy. Can you imagine how rare a P-51 would be if this nonsense started post WWII? Beers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

9&rd=1

I tried the URL and got a message that e-Bay had removed the item. Please tell me what it was. Thx Pete

Reply to
The Laws

I was able to access the site. According to the description,

"What you are looking at is Zil 135 Frog (Free Range Over Ground) - 7 short range Russian Missile launcher. "

Kaliste Saloom (IPMS#30703) Lafayette, LA USA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

> 9&rd=1

still there, watch word wrap

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Try again, it worked for me. Actually what eBay removed was the ~missile~ that went with it. (properly demilled, of course) The seller mentioned on CNN that he would still be willing to sell it as well to the winner of the laiuncher.

The Old Timer

it comes up invalid for me too

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

doesnt 4 me and i have JUST tried it

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Actually, it did start post-WWII. Tons of surplus aircraft (all that they couldn't sell, I reckon) were chopped up for scrap by dropping huge sheet-metal knives on them with cranes.

The litter of B-29's and other carcasses up here is mute testimony.

Reply to
Rufus

"all that they couldn't sell" is the key here. The way the military works today, they smelt everything they're not using. You can't even buy a demilled airframe. Or parts. I assume you're near AMARC? Who do I contact to buy pieces of B-29's? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yeah, I wouldnt try... I wonder who's gonna make photoetch for it.

9&rd=1

Reply to
Dave

Nah...but we do have a fair boneyard. What we don't cut up, we shoot at

- Ive personally witnessed the destruciotn of enough F-86's to cry a river over, and helped fire mortor rounds at some of those B-29's...you get used to it.

Unless a museum can swing a deal to grab a fairly intact airframe to restore before it gets too beat up. In fact, someone is carting away an RA-5 Vigilante as I type...been watching them disassemble it and put it on trucks all week near the gate. I hear it's going somewhere in Florida...but that's just a rumor.

I'm not surprised they'd be cutting up F-14's..."QF-14's" would be way too expensive, and I doubt even Bill Gates would consider spending the moeny it would take to keep a Tomcat flying. And given that there are still some status-unknown F-14 parts piles floating around in Iran, I wouldn't figure they'd let any into civilian hands no matter how many bux you threw at them - tax or otherwise.

Reply to
Rufus

I stopped by one place about this time last year in Tucson looking for a ejection seat. The one place told me that they had a huge mound of em yanked from the F-14's and got tired of em hanging around so they put em thru the shredder. Guy said if I was there sooner, I could have gotten one. Went across the street to another place and picked up a pilot seat tub from a B-52H instead, but a Martin Baker seat would have been much cooler and probably a tad cheaper. Anyway, since it's only the major seat tub and missing the rails and such, I'm thinking of converting it into a super-duper gaming/and or a executive type chair. Shades of Wing Nuts that use to run on the Discovery Channel. BTW, the wife thinks it is cool looking, so that's half the battle.

Reply to
Mr Plastic

9&rd=1

Reply to