Leyland 384

Leyland 384 tractor - everything is working ok except brakes - have new spares for the one side - been using it until recently but rear puncture has stopped the job - steering wibbly wobbly (even when sober) but power steering ok - starts even in cold temperatures (Orkney) - tinwork bad - if it wasn't for the tyre we would still be using it - front tyres almost new - anybody interested we could supply photos or whatever - Mick

Reply to
Mick

ROTFL :-)) I love it!

Michelle Fulton

puncture has

almost new -

Do it a favour and give it a decent burial :-)))))

Huw

Reply to
Huw

okay and just how are we going to get it back on the plane please do tell

-- regards Jill Bowis

bred utility chickens and ducks; Housing; Books Herbaceous; Herb and Alpine nursery Holidays in Scotland and Wales

Reply to
Jill

Folk keep telling me that these old things we keep around that don't pay their way are getting more valuable. I was hoping its true, or else why am I still keeping the wife - Mick :)

Reply to
Mick

Perhaps Michelle could ask her air force for the loan of a Galaxy?

Reply to
Howard Neil

tinwork

Is that some kind of trick question hehe.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

LOL :-)) This is why I like this group!

Michelle Fulton

surely even a C130 would be bit excessive

I've sure Mick could fit it in a Huey, might have to take the wheels off and I assume there is no cab

Jim Webster

Reply to
Jim Webster

well we get plenty of Hercules to the Oban airport just a mile away [as the herc flies]

-- regards Jill Bowis

bred utility chickens and ducks; Housing; Books Herbaceous; Herb and Alpine nursery Holidays in Scotland and Wales

Reply to
Jill

Thinking about it logically maybe best get rid of the wife first - she is the better of the bargains - Comes along with spare tyres - Mick (just going out to buy a flack jacket)

Reply to
Mick

brakes -

HEY! YOU OVER THERE.

THAT'S RIGHT YOU,

MRS MICK.

COME OVER H E R E. and read THIS!

Huw LOL.

Reply to
Huw

She puts it on a set of suitcase wheels and presents it as 'carry on' acts suitably upset when told it will have to go in the hold.

Reply to
Hamish