Marconi-Stanley barks again!

Collected overhauled mag from Martin Percy on Sat so today was let's see if it will run day.

In the absence of any other info I timed to 'a bit' before TDC, I also decided to run on 24:1 petroil as I couldn't quite see how the lubrication system works.

With a few prods on the high geared starting handle it burst into raucous life only to die again almost immediately. Richening up the mixture a bit had it running but hunting wildly between about 2000RPM and almost nothing. A little richer still and the revs shot up until it sat on the governor at around 4000 making the most deafening racket - very satisfying!

Picture in 'Infernal Combustion' album.

NHH

Nick Highfield