Lister A & B spares in South Africa

I have dug out the fax I received from SA for the Lister A & B spares and can confirm the following details:

Busch Machinery & Diesel Engineering Co

16 Landsborough Street, Park central, Johannesburg 2001, South Africa.

Mail address: Private Bag 411268, Craighall 2024, South Africa.

Email snipped-for-privacy@icon.co.za Tel: 27 11 493 6077 and 6074 Fax: 27 11 493 2613

Prices quoted at 15/05/2000:

Main bearings STD for A & B engines £STG 68.00 each Big End Bearings for A & B engines £STG 60.00 each A Pistons less rings £STG 60.00 each B Pistons less rings £STG 60.00 each Brass Petrol/Paraffin pumps £STG 50.00 each Flywheels £STG 50.00 each Crankshafts £STG 120.00 each Gears (Does not specify which) £STG 40.00 Conrod with Big End £STG 80.00 each

All items were quoted as new, and prices exclude carriage, duty and handling at port of entry.

The contact was Connie.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I contacted a RSA contact. A genuine firm but regarded as VERY EXPENSIVE !!! ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Lots snipped.. Roland wrote :I contacted a RSA contact. A genuine firm but regarded as VERY EXPENSIVE !!!

You got that right!

Makes the sledgehammer technique seem quite appealing. At £136 for a pair of mains, I think I'll pass on these.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Yes, I think I intimated that originally a few days ago, but someone may be desperate enough to use them, or there is Sleemen & Hawkins...

Peter

Peter A Forbes