Getting ready for Dorset

Gentlemen,
I don't know what you have all done today but I've been recommissioning the
family caravan ready for the Dorset Rally.
Two new tyres on re-sprayed rims to tidy it up, tested all the mains
electrics, fitted a new leisure battery. Tried to gas myself when I found
the bottle regulator had a serious leak, replaced that.
Checked all of the plumbing and flushed with sterilising water to remove the
bugs and then generally hoovered and cleaned inside.
Found the fridge was behaving itself on gas and mains.
The best bit was the old leisure battery had not been charged properly for
nigh on two years ( I forgot it was there ) and it is happily gassing away
in the garage and appears fingers crossed to be ok, if it is ok I will
remove the standard second battery and use it in the Camper Van.
All that is left to do is finish the ramps and fit two relays to the Van to
run the fridge and charge the battery whilst travelling. A good days work.
Just one downer, the fixed windows on the front of the caravan are held in
place by a non UV Bio-degradable plastic so its off to a caravan centre
tomorrow otherwise I will have to make six brackets.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Nice list Martin but don't forget to check the brakes.
John
Reply to
John Manders
John, What brakes, its a caravan are they suppose to have them :-)) Mechanically sound i.e. cables and operation ok but wont know if totally ok until road test.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
I was thinking of checking the adjustment and the quality of the linings. I used to run my car on completion brake shoes. They were the same as normal but had circular copper inserts.
John
Reply to
John Manders
No point running on "completion" :-)) sorry competition shoes as I cannot go fast enough. All adjusted ok just need road test to check balance.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman