Lister and Petter Gaskets

I'm not a big fan of spam messages to the group, but are there any means whereby members who sell parts of possible interest to others can advertise the fact without upsetting the rest ?

I import and sell Lister and Petter gasket sets from a factory in South Africa, but I'm not going to advertise and list what I've got available if it's going to cause a problem.

Would the moderator give me his thoughts, please?

Kind regards,

Geoff

quickies

q> I'm not a big fan of spam messages to the group, but are there any q> means whereby members who sell parts of possible interest to others can q> advertise the fact without upsetting the rest ?

q> I import and sell Lister and Petter gasket sets from a factory in South q> Africa, but I'm not going to advertise and list what I've got available q> if it's going to cause a problem.

q> Would the moderator give me his thoughts, please?

q> Kind regards,

q> Geoff q>

It's not a moderated group (good old fashioned usenet anarchy!), but see:-

My own view is that while it would probably not be considered appropriate to post a stock/price list, there is no harm in drawing attention to what could be very useful service - which of course is exactly what you have done already!

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

Many of us - me included - occasionally list things that we have for sale here.

Gaskets for the engines many of us use are going to be a useful resource, but I suggest you limit your postings to an occasional headsup and reminder of the service you offer. But it's a free country & you must do as you think best! ;o))

As an instance, how much do you charge (including p&p) for a Lister D gasket set.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

This is not a moderated group, but the generally accepted usenet practice is to take part constructively in discussions and to include a short [1] reference to your products and website in your signature. Most newsreading software allows you to set up a signature file to automate this.

[1] A signature must have a standard separator of 2 dashes and one space on a new line followed by not more than 4 lines of text. Like this :
Reply to
crn

Dear Nic\kh, Kim and Chris,

Have read user notes and it wouldn't be appropriate for me to list what I have available. As suggested by Chris I'll confine myself to including details of my web site in future under my signature.

With regards the Lister D Kim - sorry I don't keep. The factory's production is based very much on what Lister in S.A. require, but saying that if it's not worth the factory tooling up then Lister S.A. gets their requirements from Dursley. Not having D gaskets in their range is a combination of small demand and tooling costs. The sets I have are same as produced for Lister, but not of course in the same packing. I note you're in Bristol area I'm south of you in Somerset.

Kind regards,

Geoff

quickies