Vincent/Harper/Irving

One of these days I'll get my head around who was who at Stevenage!

Harper Engines Ltd made the things ? Phil Irving had a big say in the design of them E H Vincent did what, apart from adding his name?

Just picked up an original parts book for the Stevenage machines, all 998cc models AFAICS including the Comet and Meteor 500cc.

I'll get it up on the website as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

"Peter A Forbes" wrote (snip):-

I believe the following is reasonably accurate on the roles of the above persons, though it doesn't say what, if any, Roy Harper's involvement with the company was prior to buying it out of recievership.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

"Nick H" wrote (snip):-

Whereas this certainly isn't and I hope is intended to be a spoof!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

That looks about right, but I cannot find anything on Harper Engineering, are thill extant?

The parts book is one of theirs, from the 1960's, and I want to check they are not around still before I put it on the website.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Looks like you were correct:

From

Story of the Vincent "Black Widow" .... bogus but fun:

Peter

Peter A Forbes