Lister D info

Hi, sorry to trouble you again but I'm thinking about acquiring a Lister D engine and I'm just concerned about transporting the thing home, I wonder if one of you kind people might have rough dimensions and a weight that you could pass on, I have a Citroen Berlingo and wondered if this might suffice or do I need to get a towbar & trailer? Cheer, Andy

Reply to
Andy H

about 300 lbs, roughly 3' tall, 15" wide and 15" deep. hth Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

It will fit - I know, I picked mine up in Weymouth and drove back to Wimborne with it. Just make sure it's tied down well - mine broke loose going round a roundabout. Fortunately, there was sufficient packing around it to prevent any damage - but it was a sharp wake up call!! Oh, and make sure you have some muscle around to help load and unload.

Reply to
Barry steventon

Or you could ask the vendor to drain the oil and lay it carefully on its side.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

That's great, thanks to you all for your help & suggestions

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy H

Goodness me, are 'D's that heavy? In the past I've put my fingers in the hopper rim and lifted it a few inches at a time, thus moving it across the garden. If I'd thought it weighed 300lbs, I'd have thought twice about it!

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

In message , Kim Siddorn writes

About 300 lbs, ISTR. I've lifted the block, crank and flywheel ensemble into and out of a Volvo tailgate on my own once or twice, but it's a lot easier with two :-)

TTFN

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Kim,

In my younger days I was stupid to lift a complete A minus flywheels off of a bench onto its trolley :-(( Not so stupid now I get a hoist to do it.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I suspect the Wolseley WD2 is a bit lighter than the Lister D and I've struggled one onto a work bench a year or so ago - I wouldn't call it a lift as it took three bites at it, floor to wood block, wood block to stool, stool to bench. Same day, I carried the ABC MkII from one bench to another - but I'd not attempt either a second time!

Once you've got it off the ground, you're pretty committed, aren't you!

Hydraulic sack trucks thoroughly recommended.

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

HI ANDY I THINK YOU MIGHT NEED A TRAILER

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
No Name