Local Farming Festival

All,

For the first time this year, we managed to get out and exhibit something at our local rally. This was a small 2 day event held at Farming World in Boughton. Attended by around 30 stationary engines, the same number of tractors and 7 steam engines.

The Duplex line shaft shearing gear had its first outing and proved to be very popular. Many children took an interest in it, whether or not it was the sharp blade or the size of the item I don?t know! It would appear that most people on both sides of the fence had never seen a line shaft shearing machine before, being as it is quite difficult to transport the side of a barn or shed to the rally site to exhibit it!

Engines that stood out were a 19hp Allen open crank, Ruston AP on very original steel girder trolley, a nice original paint Bamford o/c and a Fairbanks Z and straw chopper outfit. Some variety in the engines, but a lot of Lister D types and Wolseley WD?s, not even a single petter in the line!

Could not get any decent photos though as there was the plastic netting in front and caravans behind the displays. Worst offender was someone who bought a very nice hand corn mill only, the trouble is they also had

2 cars, a tent and a caravan to park behind it resulting in a huge gap in the line.

Quite a nice event and a pleasant 2 days, but as with most Kent rallies, it really suffered from caravan park syndrome.

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Is this Boughton in Nottinghamshire?

Brian L Dominic

NB Rumpus

Web Sites: NB Rumpus:

Friends of the Cromford Canal:
Mid-Derbyshire Light Railway:
I may work for British Waterways, but my opinions are my own.

Reply to
Brian Dominic

Nope Kent - Near Faversham

Regards