Lucas RLI Magneto

Can someone point me at some info on these? I picked one up (seized) from the local skip hire yard and have managed to get is freed off but it still has no spark. Suggestions on how to test different bits please!

Reply to
Bob Spowart

Bob Spowart

Just connected a test lamp to the LT coil and got a good light with no apparent short to the HT coil. Connected the lamp to the body of the mag and the condenser. Got a bright light with the points closed, which dimmed slightly when the points were open. Removed condenser and used test lamp to get a constant, slightly dimmer than normal light suggesting that it is more than a bit knackered, all be it with a fairly high resistance. Anyone know where I can get a new condenser for an RSI mag from?

Reply to
Bob Spowart

use a car one Bob. The type fitted to Lucas D25 and D45 works well for me. ttfn

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Ta Roland, that's what I was thinking of trying! Bob

Reply to
Bob Spowart