Modern corn mills

All, I have had this mail sent to me via my website, if anyone can help, please contact me.

Just a long shot in hope!

Do you know of a maker of modern corn grinding mills?

I hope to lead a group of young people to take/send one to Tanzania

(Summer 2005). Our group will fundraise etc and then go and install the

machine for this community on the foothills of Mt Kilimanjaro. At

present they have to walk to nearest mill(approx. 6 km.) and then walk

back with the maize flour.

Any info will be appreciated.

Saeed. (Youth Worker)

Reply to
Pete Aldous

A little while ago when I bought my Powell Chaff Cutter, I did a Google search on chaff cutter to see what info would come up, and much to my surprise a number of Indian firms manufacture chaff cutters which would not look out of place on the rally field.

I'm coming to the point, I promise. So when I saw this query I did a search on corn mill/ corn grinder/ flour mill etc and it was hopeless (too many results of no relevance). So, I thought, the firms which make chaff cutters nowadays, probably make corn mills/grinders/kibblers/flour mills or whatever your man is looking for, just like Bamfords and Bentalls did in the past. Lo and behold some do. So tell your man to search on chaff cutter and see which manufacturers (the ones I saw were Indian and Pakistani) produce mills of the sort he wants.

HTH Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Thanks Arthur, I have passed your comments on to Saeed.

Regards.

Reply to
Pete Aldous